Friday, 26 August 2011

This time last year.... Hello Kitty Cake

Hello Kitty Cake - This is the cake I made last year for Jasmine's 2nd Birthday - a rather simple creation with three sponge cakes and lots of fondant! I was quite pleased with this overall although I need to know how to create a smoother surface for my carved cakes as Hello Kitty's head is too bumpy for my liking! (Please comment your ideas on fixing this problem!).


Hello Kitty Cake


I did ice with just a layer of apricot jam underneath and am suspicious that buttercream underneath instead would lead to a smoother result.

This year's theme is penguins so got to get thinking on developing my sketchy ideas into more solid plans as time is running out!

2 comments:

  1. I've never attempted to cover a cake in fondant, so I can't offer any tips. Just know that she looks cute! I love the simplicity of the Hello Kitty designs and I'd love to try a Hello Kitty party one of these days...how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out the cute Hello Kitty party on this blog!

    http://apumpkinandaprincess.blogspot.com/2011/08/hello-kitty-birthday-party.html

    ReplyDelete